Dating is fun, but can be stressful. You worry about what to wear, what to say, what not to say… And then, there’s that uncomfortable moment at the end of the date.
Many a good date has gone suddenly wrong in those last few seconds. Perfectly nice people freeze up, freak out and for some strange reason say and do completely inappropriate things at the end of dates, believe me I know I have been there.
I did some research and what I have seen from my members from The Only Social Club, a personalised matchmaking service for professional singles I compiled some simple, common-sense recommendations so that you can avoid those uncomfortable moments and have a perfect goodbye at the end of your next date.
1. Remember these words, “It was nice meeting you.” If it was an awkward date and you’re not interested in seeing the person again, “It was nice meeting you,” is a graceful way to end your conversation.
2. If you want to see the person again, and go on another date, let them know. You already have each others phone numbers, etc… alternatively, if you feel uncomfortable letting the other person know that you wish to see them again let me know at The Only Social Club. (It is a personalised service)
3. It you don’t want to see the person again, never say, “Let’s do this again, sometime,” or something similar. It leads the other person on. Always treat others the way you would like to be treated.
4. Don’t lead someone on. And please do not agree to another date if your intentions are incorrect and then avoid the person’s phone calls.
5. Keep it light. Leave something for the next date.
It definitely takes more than one date to determine if you have chemistry. So, keep an open mind and think about seeing this person again. Remember, if you continue doing the same things you will get the same results.